Saturday, November 25, 2006

The Public Statement That Led to 402 Days Incarceration for Speaking Truth to Power

The Public Statement That Started It All
Tuesday, May 24, 2005, 02:32 PM
The Public Statement That Started It All
Baumgartner’s Public Statement As An Attorney At Law Before The Port Clinton City Council
January 2, 2002

"I would like to speak. I’m Elsebeth Baumgartner. I’m a resident of Oak Harbor, Ohio, but I represent Darlene Matthes who is a resident of Port Clinton. I’m here on her behalf as well as another citizen from Erie County, Krista Harris, who I also represent in regards to a pending request for the Bureau of Criminal Investigations in regards to Kevin Baxter.”

"The significance of investigating Kevin Baxter is he is an Erie County prosecutor and he is a principal investor in the Island Boat Lines. He is presently under investigation by the Bureau of Criminal Investigation for his involvement in cocaine trafficking as well as suborning perjury in a drug-related matter in Erie County.”

"We’ve also requested an investigation into the coverup, what we believe to be the coverup, of the murder of Susan Matthes wife or I’m sorry, mother, Darlene Matthes, which occurred on April 10, 1998 in Erie County. I would strongly urge this Council not to proceed with any agreement with the Island Boat Line, as other principals within this boat line are also I also have affidavits that they are involved in cocaine.”

"The entire organization, I believe, is corrupt enterprise, and should be duly investigated as such. Thank you.

"I have affidavits from some of my citizens with me."
---
Editor’s note: Erie County Prosecutor Kevin Baxter owned 31% of Island Express and that arrangement is alleged to have violated ORC 2921.42. As you may already know, after Island Express was given a half million dollar federal grant, and public assistance, the company went belly up. Island Express still owes over $100,000 in taxes to the people of Erie County.
Baxter is also accused of probate fraud.

No comments: