Saturday, November 25, 2006

Former EV Editor Bryan DuBois Suggests Special Prosecutor Kasaris Fabricated Grand Theft Auto Charge

EV’s Open Response To Erie County Prosecutor Victim’s Advocate
Thursday, June 16, 2005, 05:17 PM
EV’s Open Response To Erie County Prosecutor Victim’s Advocate

And I don’t do this to be a smart aleck – but to establish records of my conversations with members of the Erie County Prosecutor’s office. Heaven knows what these letters will be used for at a later date and that’s why I must publicly set the record straight.

On June 10, 2005 I called the Erie County Prosecutor’s office Victim’s Advocate to inquire why as an alleged victim of “grand theft auto” I would be forced to pay for impound and storage fees – on top of the fact that I had received no response from the Victim’s advocate after they indicted my business partner for “grand theft auto” of our company vehicle.

Victim’s advocate Eva Gorby (a very sweet lady) sent this response through US Mail:

LETTER TO BE INSERTED.


The most important thing stated in this letter is the opening line: “Per our discussion, you indicated that you are the victim of a stolen vehicle.”

This statement is patently false.

I never made this statement. While on the telephone with Eva, I stated that the Erie County Prosecutor’s office alleged that I was a victim of a crime by their indictment of my business partner Dr. Elsebeth Baumgartner. They allege that my business partner Dr. Elsebeth Baumgartner “stole” my vehicle. If that were true, I wanted to know why the victim’s advocate had not contacted me about reuniting me with my "stolen" vehicle. I thought that taking care of victims was the job that we paid them for as taxpayers.

The Erie County Prosecutor’s office left the “stolen” vehicle impounded for 20 days – and never bothered to contact me about testifying about whether or not the vehicle was in fact stolen. The “special prosecutor” didn’t seem at all concerned about getting to the truth of the matter – but more like he was personally assigned by Erie County Prosecutor Kevin Baxter to maliciously prosecute Dr. Baumgartner.

I believe that the reason they did not contact me was because they didn’t really believe my vehicle was stolen but that they wanted to pin a charge of grand theft auto on Baumgartner anyway without a complaining witness.

As you can see Kasaris and Baxter did so…

An example of selective, vindictive and malicious prosecution doesn't get much clearer.

No comments: